of Nigerian institutions. The Population Council is seeking professionals to fill the position in Rivers state:
The Laboratory Scientist will coordinate the laboratory team to effectively support all programs and activities in
- Coordinate the laboratory technical support to strengthen biomedical interventions in all programs and research activities.
- Provide Laboratory quality management system and support services to all projects.
- Monitor the quality and integrity of laboratory services and data at all levels.
- Contribute to timely submission of program / research reports.
- Monitor the biosafety status of the laboratory site.
- Provide routine laboratory services according to good medical laboratory practice.
- Manage laboratory inventory and reagent logistics.
- Develop and maintain a reliable laboratory management information system.
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by the Medical Officer and Program Director as may be deemed necessary.
- Level of Education – Minimum of Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Current registration with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
- Effective Laboratory Quality Management System skills.
- Experience in public health and infectious diseases.
- Effective Laboratory data management and research literacy skills.
- General Communication, supervisory and interpersonal skill level – Excellent.
- Language requirements – English – excellent
- Level of IT expertise required – good
- Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria.
- Desired number of years of prior experience in a similar role – 3 to 5 years
- Effective organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a team
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should:
- Send their CV and cover letter in PDF format (stating your current salary and salary expectations) to email@example.com latest by Thursday, November 14, 2019.
- Clearly state the position title for which you are applying and your full names – starting with the surname first, then other names in the subject area of the email.
Example: Laboratory Scientist (RIVERS) – BEN, Joshua Ekong
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Population Council is an equal opportunity employer. Nigerian national preferred.