Critical Rescue International (CRI) is recruiting for Medical Laboratory Scientist in the position of a site Laboratory Technician.
Critical Rescue International (CRI) was founded in 2001 as Nigeria’s first advanced paramedic (Emergency Medical Services) company. Over the ensuing years, we have developed a strong international reputation in the areas of health information and advice, medical assistance, primary healthcare, emergency and non-emergency medical response, benefits administration, and industrial health services.
- This role requires a fully qualified individual with extensive laboratory experience, a thorough knowledge of current laboratory systems and procedures, and an ability to work in a somewhat austere and limited work environment.
- All relevant licenses and certifications must be current.
- The individual performing this role should be comfortable working alone with minimal supervision and be able to produce reports that areboth comprehensive and accurate.
- They should have the knowledge and ability to maintain and keep in good repair a variety oflaboratory technical equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is an example list of the Laboratory Technician’s duties and responsibilities. Whilst comprehensive, the actual situational aspect of a given project, worksite or client task may add additional duties or not require all those listed below:
- Conducts all laboratory test, screening and analysis tasks as requested by authorized medical personnel.
- Delivers screening and test results in appropriate format to requestor.
- Checks test result/report for validity and accuracy prior to return to requestor.
- Assists in sample collection (to include phlebotomy, urinalysis, and stool).
- Cognizant and knowledgeable with regards to all laboratory analysis equipment held.
- Ensures correct calibration, servicing and maintenance of all laboratory technical equipment.
- Resting and screening requirements required to be carried out will include, but is not limited to the following: CMP, CBC, LFT, Lipids, G6PD, Blood-match, Rapid: Malaria, Strep-A, HIV, Hep A, Hep B/C, HCV, RPR, HcG (Blood or UA) Stool O&P, C&S, cholinesterase (HAZMAT Employees).
- Have a full understanding and ability to use all modern-generation quick and rapid test kits (Strep, HIV, Flu etc.).
- Is particularly aware of function and use of Malaria Rapid Test kits and be able to verify positives with microscopic examination and analysis.
- Collects DNA sample if requested and on provision of appropriate material to conduct such.
- Conversant with the specific tests required for ‘Occupation Health Surveillance Group’ workers and the laboratory screening requirements for such, e.g., microscopic stool examination/analysis,cholinesterase, etc.
- Immediately informs Project SMO should any infectious disease be indicated in any test or screening.
- Conversant with the use of STAT Cup drug-screening kits and QUEST Lab, drug screen sample regulations and guidelines.
- Prepared to assist clinical team, and client HSE/HR representatives with random drug screening collection programs.
- Keeps appropriate records and log of all lab samples received, tests/screens conducted, results, etc.
- Ensures such captured information is appropriately uploaded into management archive and record keeping data-bases.
- Maintains and checks laboratory supply inventory, ordering stock requirements through the logistics department.
- Is prepared to assist with carrying out water testing and analysis.
- Educates clinic team in correct collection of all sample requirements and respective collection adjuncts (types of tube, quick-kits, reagent pads, slides, etc.).
- Assists in clinical team continuous medical education (CME) by teaching other clinic personnel basic laboratory methods, analysis machinery, rapid test use, etc.
- Additional clinical administrative duties as tasked by the PM/SMO.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Fully qualified laboratory technologists/technicians with appropriate licensing and certification from country of origin.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in laboratory work,POST NYSC experiencePrevious employment on field locations preferred.Fully conversant with current laboratory analysis equipment, both technical and ‘rapid-test’.
- Demonstrated ability to correctly use microscopic machinery and interpret findings.Understanding and experience of ‘Culturing’ techniques and ability to interpret results and findings appropriately.
- Working knowledge of the laboratory working activity requirements required by country of operation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and general computer & technology literacy.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and databases.
- Be aware of modern IT based communication methods (i.e. Skype).
- Able to access, update, reference, and other general use of project HER system.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Able to work unsupervised and with proven initiative and independent operation ability.Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports, both technical and procedural.
- Ethical understanding of patient processes, data information and confidentiality.
- Awareness and following of HIPPA/NICE rules and guidelines along with an understanding of similar processes required by Nigerian regulations.
- Familiarity of the requirements for effective QA and QC management demands.
- Teaching ability (does not have to be formal, but must have demonstrated an ability to impart knowledge and techniques).
- Cognizant of modern and up-to-date medical care ethos and have a proactive, innovative, and enquiring nature with a degree of initiative and decision-making surety.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Fully qualified laboratory technologists/technicians with appropriate licensing and certification from country of origin (Nigeria).
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVS to email@example.com