The Medical Laboratory Science Education Unit, (formerly School of Medical Laboratory Science) University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan, Oyo State calls for applications from suitably qualified candidates for 36 months Fellowship Programme of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN), for the 2022/2023 Academic Session in the following Specialties of Medical Laboratory Science:
- Chemical Pathology
- Haematology and Blood Group Serology
- Medical Microbiology
- Medical Parasitology
- Candidates must be holders of BMLS/AIMLS for at least 2 years post-NYSC.
- Medical Laboratory Scientists who possess MSc/Ph.D. in Haematology, Chemical Pathology, Medical Microbiology, Histopathology/Cytopathology, and Medical Virology are eligible to apply.
- All applicants must hold a current Licence to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientists.
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION
Selection of candidates will be based on academic qualifications, experience, and a good statement of purpose stating how the programme will improve your skill in the practice of MLS as well as meeting your career goal.
NATURE OF PROGRAM
The 36-month duration for the Fellowship programme shall consist of:
- Advanced lectures on core, general and advanced courses in each of the disciplines/specialties
- Advanced laboratory posting
- Case presentations
- Long Essays
- Research thesis
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Application form can be obtained from the Medical Laboratory Science Education Unit (formerly School of Medical Laboratory Science), University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan from September – November 2021.
- Application form costs ₦15,000.00 payable into UCH TSA Account (Schools Account-MLSEU/SMLS) – in any Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
- Application duly completed must be returned to the Medical Laboratory Science Education Unit, UCH, Ibadan, not later than 15th November, 2021.
However, late submission from 16th November to 30th November attracts a fine of five thousand naira only (₦5, 000).
Each application should be returned with the following documents:
- Academic credentials
- Personal statement of purpose
- Current practicing licence as a Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Two passport photograph
- Academic transcript
- Summary of research concept/proposal