The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Senior Program Officer
Job ID: 13-10644
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director, Laboratory
- The Senior Laboratory Program Officer position is designed to support the implementation of Lab system strengthening interventions and activities within the RSSH project.
- Position will work from the Laboratory unit of the FMoH and closely Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) [RSSH SR for Laboratory Services] and with all stakeholders towards a strengthened national laboratory systems.
- Support the fleshing-out of the roles of the FMoH within the laboratory spaceSupport project stakeholder management effort especially as it relates to the lab sector.
- Support the development of concept notes and guidance documents in relation to project interventions and activities.
- Support the implementation of project interventions and activities.
- Support the development and implementation of the project learning agenda.
- Support reporting of grant activities and results.
- Support the development of communication products including but not limited to success stories, fact sheets, technical briefs, abstracts and publications.
- In close collaboration with stakeholders, support the development of high quality laboratory systems in support of the delivery of quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB services and more.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of best practices.
- Support the strengthening of laboratory management information systems as well as laboratory commodity logistics systems in country.
- Support the development and deployment of standard biosafety and biosecurity guidelines and manuals (including training on same).Support the strengthening of supply chain management as it relates to laboratory services.
- Support the strengthening of M&E as it relates to laboratory services.
- Represent the project within the laboratory stakeholders community.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep management informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or appropriate natural sciences At least 8 years’ experience with the laboratory services system in Nigeria
- Master’s degree in public health should confer an advantage on the applicant.
- Strong leadership and supervisory experience
- Experience with lab systems strengthening efforts and practices across disease programs [including HIV, TB and Malaria] and donors.
- Experience working with the key stakeholders within the Nigerian lab services landscape including government and implementing partner landscapes.
- Experience in designing and implementing laboratory system strengthening interventions.
- Experience developing or supporting the development of laboratory systems guidance documents, strategic frame works, concept notes, SOPs, manuals etc.
- Experience designing and executing capacity building events including the development of training manuals and training facilitation.Very strong leadership experience.
- Strong project management and communication skills required.
- Experience in supply chain management and or M&E as it relates to laboratory services
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online