A former Head of the Department of Medical Laboratory Science has been appointed the acting Dean of the newly created Faculty of Medical Laboratory Science University of Calabar, (UNICAL).
He is Prof. Paul C. Inyang-Etoh. The one-time Chairman of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria (AMLSN) Cross River State started his career as Assistant Lecturer with the University of Calabar (UNICAL) in April, 2004 and rose through the ranks to become an Associate Professor in 2015 and Professor in 2020 respectively.
He is a Fellow of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria. He holds M.Sc. (2003) and Ph.D. (2006) degrees from UNICAL. His main area of specialization is Medical Microbiology and Parasitology with a research interest in Helminthology with a particular focus on schistosomiasis.
He is also a part-time lecturer in the Departments of Public Health, and Radiography & Radiological Science, University of Calabar, Calabar-Nigeria.
In the same vein, Heads have been appointed for the 5 different Departments in the faculty. They are:
- Dr. Iya Eze Bassey, Head Clinical Chemistry and Immunology
- Dr. Samuel Akpan, Head Medical Parasitology and Entomology
- Dr. Ofonime Ogba, Head Medical Bacteriology, Virology, and Mycology
- Dr. Ifeyinwa Okafor, Head Haematology and Blood Transfusion Science
- Dr. Mfoniso Udokang, Head Histopathology, and Cytology
Congratulations to them all.