A molecular diagnostics laboratory and genomic medicine clinic in Abuja is hiring and looking for a skilled Biotechnologist with clinical laboratory skills or Laboratory Scientist/technologist with good knowledge of molecular diagnostic operations.
The candidate will take charge of our daily clinical and molecular laboratory operations and management. This role requires strict adherence to laboratory safety, assay procedure guidelines, in-house laboratory management and operations and processes.
It will involve hands-on bench work, assay development and validation with the most advanced and sophisticated qPCR devices, nucleic acid extractors and many other molecular biology devices. It will include nucleic acid extraction procedures, amplification procedures, post amplification analysis procedures.
The scientist will be further trained by the head of molecular lab, our biotechnologist and pathologist.
- We are recruiting a biomedical scientist or Biotechnologist to be part of our daily clinical activities at our head office.
- Experience in molecular techniques and procedures with a degree in laboratory science or technology, biomedical science, biochemistry, biotechnology, micro biology, medical laboratory science, cell biology or genetics.
- A postgraduate degree in molecular/cell biology, biochemistry or biomedical science will be an added advantage.
Candidates applying for this role must possess:
- Excellent knowledge and skill in writing and implementation of SOPs
- Sound knowledge of Molecular pathology operations and EQA procedures
- General knowledge of clinical laboratory management and report writing skills is essential.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially MS Word, PowerPoint Presentation and Excel.
LOCATION: Abuja and Lagos
Only candidates with the prerequisite experience and qualifications will be shortlisted. Interested candidates should forward their applications to our email email@example.com
Application closes 10th of April 2018