The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an international medical organization, founded in 2009. ALIMA’s aim is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research. The specific feature of the association is to base its operating methods mainly on partnership with national medical players. By pooling and capitalizing on their skills, ALIMA and its partners give as many people as possible access to a high standard of treatment.
Laboratory Technician Assistant
Job Type Full Time
Qualification OND BA/BSc/HND
Experience 1 year
Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Assist the laboratory technician in carrying out laboratory-related activities, in accordance with his/her instructions and ALIMA protocols, security measures and hygiene standards, in order to help obtaining lab results that will help to determine patient’s treatment.
- Assist in carrying out laboratory exams, preparing material, reagents and environmental work conditions, etc.
- Comply with at all times the hygiene protocols for individual and collective safety, with special focus on sterilizing the material.
- Carry out cleaning and washing activities in the laboratory facilities and material, and ensure proper waste separation and disposal.
- Follow all the administrative procedures, registering the patient’s data and his/her tests’ results, keeping track of all activities.
- Participate, under the laboratory technician supervision, in the efficient management and organization of laboratory equipment and supply (stock follow-up, storage conditions, inventory, expired substances, etc.).
- Report any problem arising in the laboratory, especially loss, robbery or damage of material.
- Literacy required Environmental Health, J-CHEW or SLT
- Minimum of 1 year required in similar Role.
- Local language English essential Local Languages Hausa & Kanuri will be an added advantage.
- Result Oriented, teamwork, flexible and Multitasking ability.
Working conditions: Contract
Method of Application
Send application and CV to