We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Contract Duration: One-year (renewable)
Job Profile: The Medical Laboratory Scientists are responsible for establishing and running the laboratory in the HIV treatment facility. The medical care provided in these health facilities includes disease-specific components such as HIV/AIDS care and treatment; treatment of co-infection of HIV with Tuberculosis, Hepatitis screening and management of sexually transmitted infections. S/He will also ensure that all requested laboratory tests are suitably conducted to enable correct diagnosis and treat of patients.
- A degree or diploma in clinical/medical laboratory science or microbiology with applied medical parasitology and bacteriology.
- A minimum of two (2) years Post – NYSC experience. Experience in sample collection and analysis (e.g. blood, stool, sputum)Experience in implementing a supply management system.
- Knowledge of all basic laboratory techniques and quality control systems
- Ability to cope with stress and to organise and prioritise workload
- Experience in working in a laboratory offering specific tests for ART treatment monitoring