AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not-for-profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy in Nigeria but collectively referred to as AHF-Nigeria.
AHF-Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource-constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 6 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra and supports over 69 clinic sites country wide. The organization now seeks to hire a highly competent, dynamic and hardworking person to fill the following positions
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
- To provide laboratory support to AHF-supported sites and monitor adherence to standard laboratory protocols and guidelines. Involved in training, support supervision, mentorship, and team building exercises for laboratory staff.
- Directly supervises laboratory technicians and other lab personnel on routine lab assays, demonstrates experience in running the Cyflow (CD4+), Chemistry and Hematology machines.
- Ensures implementation of laboratory services in line with approved QC/QA protocols at supported healthcare centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides routine and basic laboratory services for PLHIV attending the health facilities as required;
- Supports laboratory services provision, ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services including calibration, standardization and maintenance of automated or semi-automated instruments following established procedures.
- Support in ensuring compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols for all lab technicians and assistance involved with the lab function; including maximizing the use of available resources
- Coordinates with all laboratory vendors (external contractors) and the sites to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of results is efficient and effective.
- Participates in the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices at all affiliated healthcare centers. Validates and reports, results of assays performed, delivers patients reports according to times indicated in policy and collection manual and ensuring strict adherence to safety procedures.
- Participates in identifying training needs, capacity building, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff;
- Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under AHF Nigeria for all sites;
- Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the supported Healthcare Centers. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- AIMLS, BMLS Experience with handling semi or fully automated machines a must;
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
- Must poses a valid license to practice as a Medical laboratory scientist.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To be considered for this recruitment, please address your e-mail application (Cover letter and CV as one document in MS Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org position applied for as the subject.
- The email should not be larger than 2MB, thus any larger email will not be considered.
- The application document (Cover Letter and CV as one document) must be saved in the applicant full name.
Deadline: Friday 14th June 2019 at 5:00pm.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer