The Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria announces the training of Medical Laboratory Scientists who wishes to become Laboratory QMS Mentors.
This training is scheduled to hold in Abuja from the 27th to 29th of November 2019.
At the end of the training, the participants are expected to develop the capacity to provide support to laboratories so that these laboratories can successfully implement laboratory quality management system. The training will cover ISO 15189: 2017 and mentorship skills.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Participant must be licensed Medical Laboratory Scientist of not less than 5 years post NYSC work experience in a Medical Laboratory or related field.
- Must have worked in a position with supervisory role.
- Experience in implementation of ISO standard in a Medical laboratory is desirable but not compulsory.
- Previous training as a mentor or participation in ISO 15189 is an advantage.
- Must be available to participate in laboratory mentorships for short periods of 1 to 2 weeks or longer as may be necessary.
- Have a passion for working in a manner that meets the international best practices and quality requirements of their customers and regulators.
- Retired Medical Laboratory Scientists or those that will retire within the next two years are encouraged to apply
- The training fee per participant is thirty thousand naira (NGN30,000) only payable to Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria through Remita. This covers training materials, tea break and lunch only.
- Applications will no longer be received for this batch of training from 24.00hrs Nigerian time on 22nd of November, 2019.
How to apply:
- To complete the application, you will need to have your most recent practicing license and abridged or full CV. ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED TO PAY FOR THE TRAINING.