Lily Hospitals Limited, the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) need the services of a Medical Laboratory Scientist (Chemical Pathology option)
Location: Warri, Delta
Job Category: Mid- level
- The role is responsible for the use of a wide range of analytical techniques for example, measurement of enzyme activities, spectrophotometry, electrophoresis, the separation of molecules based on physical characteristics and immunoassays to determine the concentration of chemical constituents in a patient blood, urine and other bodily fluids.
- The work involves both manual techniques for which the biomedical scientist develops complex practical and interpretive skills and the operation and management of highly automated testing systems.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Clinical Care
- Perform a wide range of laboratory tests to produce and interpret results in order to assist clinicians in their diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Responsible for receiving, storing and preparing various kinds of specimen including blood sample for analysis.
- Calibrating and Maintaining standard laboratory equipment, for example spectrophotometers, immune-analyzers, centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating sophisticated clinical chemistry equipment and occasional manual chemistries.
- Identifying the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Analyse blood samples using computer-aided and manual techniques.
- Performing clinical validation: checking abnormal results identified by automated analyzers and deciding if further tests are necessary.
- Implement quality control procedures both internal and external to maintain accurate results.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) (Chemical Pathology option).
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Membership with a relevant professional body and must be licensed to practice under the Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Good hand and eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy.
- The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment.
- Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time.
- Salary in line with industry standard.
- 27th March, 2018
Method of Application
- Applicants should forward their word doc CV’s only to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.