The newly elected National President of the Guild of Medical Laboratory Directors, Prince Elochukwu Adibo, a Biomedical Scientist and the Laboratory Director/CEO of El-lab Medical Diagnostics & Research Center, FESTAC Lagos ( ISO 15189:2012 Accredited Medical Laboratory) is a great man who believes in service to humanity, take responsibility and seek wisdom in every aspect of life.
He is a team player who respects the views of others a lot as well as a System thinker who pursues lifes challenges, expectations and dreams passionately and relentlessly.
- To Provide a Functional and befitting administrative structure for GMLD: Effective functional structure to enhance administration and coordination.
- To Enhance GMLD National Identity: Build a stronger national identity and visibility. Harness potentials of membership in retirees, private sector medical laboratory practitioners.
- To Ensure that there are Time lines for all projects and that they are followed: To be achievable and measurable.
- To Ensure International exposure, collaboration and opportunities for GMLD and GMLD members. Engagements with International bodies, ASLM, ASQ, safety organizations, and other accrediting agencies relevant to the practice of Laboratory medicine.
- To Build capacity in areas of Leadership and Management: Leadership and management exposure of GMLD members, Capacity building and training programmes to help function effectively and efficiently in the workplace, society and family.
- To Expand GMLD Funding platforms: Strongly Expand funding platforms to give financial strength and Independence to the association.
- To Drive mobilization of Partners for GMLD: IVD manufacturers, and stakeholders, Non governmental organisations, civil society organisations (essence: budget, scope and time).
- To Build a robust Data Library for GMLD: Data coordinating unit/ data generation. In different aspects of our daily job ( community- state – region – national). Quality data will help leverage partners efficiency in health policies and programmes.
- To Encourage and support attainment of Minimum standard of practice in private medical practice: To achieve and sustain standard and safe practice without tolerance for inter and intra professional quackery. Encourage Standard, befitting and acceptable Private lab minimal outlook with reflection of QMS.
- To Encourage and help Young MLS in practice: Open up a horizon to enable, empower, capacitate young medical laboratory scientists in practice .
- To Create a Private sector Identity for young MLSs. To enable them to be respectable ,more attractive and desirable and for honourable earnings.
- To Ensure GMLD closes rank with MLSCN and AMLSN and work with them in synergy.
- To Create environment for peace, reconciliation, unity and harmonious relationship among GMLD members across the country.
- To Set up a strategy that will help us address issues of involvement of Private medical laboratory in both state and national health insurance programs.
- To BUILD on collaboration and team work with other Healthcare providers and encourage our states to play prominent roles in activities of Healthcare Providers Association of Nigeria