AMLSN 58th Annual Scientific Conference/Workshop begins today
Activities marking the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria (AMLSN) 58th Annual Scientific Conference & Workshop tagged ‘Land of Honour 2022’ begins today with an Opening Ceremony.
Dignitaries that will grace the opening ceremony are as follows:
- Engr. Chief Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo, Former President, Federal Republic of Nigeria (Special Guest of Honour)
- Aare Afe Babalola SAN, OFF, FNIALS, LLD, FCIArb, D.Litt Founder & Chancellor, ABUAD (Guest of Honour)
- Arole Oduduwa, Olofin Adimula Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Babatunde Akande Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, Ooni of Ife (Royal Father of the Day)
- His Excellency, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi, Executive Governor, Ekiti State (Chief Host)
The Theme of this year’s Annual Scientific Conference and Workshop is ‘Health System Strengthening: Sustaining Quality Medical Laboratory Practice Beyond The Covid-19 Era.’
Keynote Speech by Professor Oluyemi Akinloye, Ph.D.,(Professor of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnosis, Dean Faculty of Basic Medical Science and Director Center For Genomics of Non-Communicable Diseases and Personalized Healthcare University of Lagos)
SUB-THEMES FOR AMLSN 58TH SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE
- The Crucial Role of Medical Laboratory Services In attaining Universal Health Coverage in Nigeria. Speaker: Dr. Lawrena Okoro (Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria)
- Leveraging on Quality Medical Laboratory Services to upgrade Primary Health Centers in Nigeria. Speaker: Dr. Ishaku Akyala (Department of Microbiology, Nasarawa State University Kelli)
- Automation and Point of Care Devices: Friends or Foes in Medical Laboratory Practice.Speaker: Prof. E.O. Akanmi (University of Osun)
- Towards Unity for Health: Managing Interprofessional Rivalry in Nigeria’s Healthcare. Speaker: Maxwell Patrick Dapar ( African Forum for Research and Education in Health)
- Combating Emerging and Re-emerging InfectiousDisease in Nigeria: What is the way forward? Speaker: Dr. Prosper Okonkwo (Director General, APIN Health Initiative)
- Convalescent Plasma and Immunoglobulin Preparation protocols for standardization. Speaker: Pa Idris Saliu (Country Director: Safe Blood for Africa Foundation)
- Bioinformatics and Medical Laboratory Science: Past, present, and future.Speaker: Dr. Iwalokun (University of Lagos)
Venue: Great Eagle Hall, Kere Road Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
14TH-18TH SEPTEMBER, 2022
AMLSN 58th YOUNG SCIENTIST PRESENTATION
- The 21st Century Medical Laboratory Scientist: Tips on how to adapt to Technological Transformation.
Speaker: Ephron Ephraim Yerembede (Snakebite Treatment and Research Hospital Kaltungo, Gombe State)
- Pragmatic Approach to Implementation of Innovative Technologies in the Medical Laboratories.
Speaker: Chibueze Joseph, Obigeorge (Sales Executive, ISN Products Nigeria Ltd.)
- Integrating Information Technology into Medical Laboratory Science in an Era of Digitalization
Speaker: Adebisi Adesola Amao Department of Pathology, UCH Ibadan Oyo State.