We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. Currently running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 1 – 3 years
Location Delta, Edo
Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Locations: Benin, Edo and Warri, Delta
Job Category: Junior Level
The job holder is responsible for performing a variety of venipuncture and skin puncture techniques involved in the accurate collection of blood, body fluid and tissue specimens from patients for laboratory procedures used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
- Perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures to include venipuncture and skin puncture techniques using standard equipments such as vaccutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes and butterfly needles.
- Utilize standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification.
- Record appropriate collection information on proper requisitions.
- Prepare, process and label store patient specimens and samples according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipments.
- Maintain specimen integrity by using aseptic technique and observing isolation procedures.
- Transport specimens or fluid samples from collection site to laboratories.
- Track collected specimens by initialling, dating, noting collection time and maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
- Administer subcutaneous or intramuscular injections in accordance with licensing restrictions.
- Determine donor suitability, according to interview results, vital signs, and medical history.
- Minimum academic qualification of Medical Laboratory Technician Certificate of the Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria.
- 1 to 3 years work experience in a hospital that encompasses phlebotomy skills.
- Valid registration with the professional body and must be licensed to practice.
- Excellent analytical skills and scientific aptitude.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
Salary in line with industry standard
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their Word Doc CV only to:
email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.