We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. Currently running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Microbiologist)
Location: Warri, Delta
Job Category: Senior Level
- The role is responsible for studying organisms that cause illness, infections, including viruses, bacteria, archaea, fungi, algae and protozoa in patients, diagnosing patients and preventing epidemics in Lily hospitals.
- The job holder is also responsible for investigating the causes of contagious diseases and researching new treatments for infections.
Key Result Areas (KRA):
- Observe, monitor and identify microorganisms.Track microorganisms in a range of environments.
- Collect, monitor and assess samples from a range of sources.Use a variety of identification methods, including molecular techniques, to test samples and determine infection causing organism.
- Develop new techniques, products and processes.
- Develop and plan methods to prevent the spread of disease or infections in Lily hospitals.
- Evaluate and register new medicines, vaccines, diagnostic tests and pharmaceutical products in clinical trials.
- Develop products, such as enzymes, vitamins, hormones, and antimicrobial.
- Work with specialist computer software to undertake studies and research.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Maintenance Responsibility
- Maintain all laboratory instrumentations and equipments.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)1 to 3 years work experience in the health sector.
- Membership with a relevant professional body (Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria) and must be licensed to practice.
- Excellent analytical skills and scientific aptitudeOutstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details
Salary in line with industry standard.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their Word Doc CV only to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.