Pyramids Diagnostics was established in 2005 as a private liability company in the heart of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. It was established with a mission to meet the critical desire to bridge the gap in the diagnostic arm of the health sector in our environment. Increasingly, for lack of credible diagnostic apparatus and reliable laboratory investigative results in some health institutions, a missing link exist in the doctor’s ability to arrive at leading clinical diagnostics, consequently compromising therapeutic outcomes.
Medical Laboratory Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Medical / Healthcare Job
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- (Toxicology) identifies the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- (Chemistry) provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment; performing hand chemistries.
- (Hematology) provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- (Immunology) provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating equipment such as the gamma counter, spectrophotometer, densitometer, and through methods such as radioimmunoassay, enzyme immunoassay, and serological testing.
- (Microbiology) provides physician with information for treatment of patient infection by performing technical procedures for the identification or susceptibility of bacteria, parasites, fungi, and mycobacteria.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential. Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and standards.
- Enhances laboratory services and reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Patience, decisiveness and meticulousness.
- A desire to contribute to patient care and treatment.
- A responsible and mature approach to their work.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Accuracy, with good attention to detail.
- A systematic approach to tasks and the ability to follow instructions and set procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as supervise the work of more junior staff in the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science with possession of a provisional license to practice from the respective regulatory bodies is mandatory.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter with CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of mail.
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted