Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen this operations and interventions in the North-East part of the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the Technical Officer (Laboratory Services-PCR).
Technical Officer (Laboratory Services-PCR) will liaise with the Country Office Laboratory team to provide technical support and implement high quality laboratory services for AHNI Nigeria programs, will also provide technical support related to the laboratory services, especially PCR high definition laboratory and management component of HIV/AIDS care and treatment program.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
• BSc/MLS in Laboratory sciences or related field with 5-7 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 3 years experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
• Or master’s degree in laboratory sciences or related field with 3-5 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 3 years experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
• Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development area preferred.
• Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
• Experience in Laboratory TB services is an advantage.
• Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
Vacancy closes 30 October 2019 AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Method of application:
Please forward suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document from the date of publication to AHNi-Labjobs@ahnlaboratories
Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail to will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.