Association for Reproductive and Family Health(ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position in the organization for Global Fund 18-months extension period of the TB/HIV grant.
State Program Officer (SPO)
Job Type: Contract Full Time Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
Experience: 3 years
Location: Akwa Ibom, Kaduna, Oyo, Rivers
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Deadline: 10 January, 2018
Duration: Eighteen (18) months
The State Program Officer (SPO) shall, under the direct supervision of the State Team Lead, carry out the following activities:
- Responsible for the implementation of Programme activities in the project states.
- Works with the State Team Lead to ensure that all necessary implementation documents are understood by the implementers
- Ensures HIV Testing Services (HTS) are conducted in line with the required National Standards
- Develops monthly work plan and ensure the work plan is carefully implemented
- Provides direct oversight/supervision to Community Testers and ensure adherence to implementation guidelines in assigned LGAs of operation
- Prepares monthly programmatic reports and share with the State Team Lead to review before submission to ARFH Abuja Office.Assist in the identification of potential implementation problems and bottlenecks and recommend appropriate mitigation strategies
- Takes initiative in conducting researches to project impacts to the outside world
- Ensures cordial relationship is created between community and facility players through continuous advocacy to facilitate achievements of grant objectives
- Carry out any other tasks assigned from the country office
- Applicants must have a minimum qualification of University degree/HND in Sciences or Social Sciences with a minimum of 3 years post NYSC professional experience in HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis or Malaria project implementation.
- Similar experience with donor funded programs especially Global Fund CSS grant will be an added advantage.
- Such an individual must be ready to work in a team and must have excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English language are also required.
- Successful candidates must be very knowledgeable in community interventions especially community HIV testing and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point). Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Method of Application
- Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested candidates must indicate the Position and State being applied for in the Subject line of the email (E.g- State Programme Lead- Akwa-Ibom).
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must also provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).