Association for Reproductive and Family Health(ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc.
We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position in the organization for Global Fund 18-months extension period of the TB/HIV grant.
State Team Lead (STL)
Job Type: Contract Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Location: Akwa Ibom, Imo, Kaduna, Oyo, Rivers
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Duration: Eighteen (18) months
The State Team Lead (STL) shall, under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, and with support from the ARFH Abuja office, conduct the following activities.
- Ensure effective technical lead of the community component of the GF TB/HIV programme implementation in each of the Project States.
- Provide direction to other technical staff and will be responsible for interfacing with other partners.
- Work with the team to bring out effective strategies that will engender achievement of grant objectives and targets.
- Give leadership in effective implementation of Community Testing and ensure effective contribution to 90-90-90 UNAID test and treat model.
- Provide technical support through oversight visits, coaching, mentoring and integrated supportive supervision to other staff on the project.
- Identifies key project risks, implementation challenges, capacity gaps and provide/recommend appropriate mitigation plan.
- Work with other team members to put system in place to detect unethical practices in project implementation, service delivery and data management
- Represent ARFH in the States at every strategic and coordination meetings and document minutes of such meetings
- Support proper documentation of project records at all levels.
- Facilitate coordination meeting and ensure the minutes of such meetings are properly documented.
- Work with other team members to develop M&E Operational plan and support the correct implementation and use of routine data collection tools.
- Provide regular feedback to field officers on key findings from supervision and data verification exercise.
- Ensure adherence to Project Implementation Plan, Standard Operational Procedures and other implementation guidelines.
- Lead all advocacy efforts for each state to create cordial relationship with partners and other key state partners.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned from the country office.
- Applicants must have a minimum qualification of a University degree in sciences or social sciences.
- A Master’s degree especially in public health will be an added advantages.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis or Malaria interventions and programs management; working experience with donor funded programs especially Global Fund CSS grant.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, pro-activeness in managing risks, self-motivated and resilient in stress management, strong attention to details, excellent writing and communications skills in English language are required.
- Successful candidates must have extensive knowledge of Nigeria public health sectors with strong analytical and problem solving/team work skills.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
Method of Application
- Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com.Interested candidates must indicate the Position and State being applied for in the Subject line of the email (E.g- State Programme Lead- Akwa-Ibom).
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must also provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).