AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
The organization seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Service Manager
Reports to: Country Program Director
- To provide laboratory oversight in all AHF sites and ensures adherence to standard laboratory protocols in the country program.
- Coordinates training, support supervision, mentorship, team building exercises for all laboratory staff in the country program.
- Directly supervises laboratory scientists/technicians and other lab staff in running the Partec CD4, hematology and chemistry machines.
- Ensures that high quality of laboratory services is maintaining all AHF supported healthcare centers in the country program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates planning, overseeing and supervising activities for the laboratory function for all sites;
- Coordinates and ensures the performance of basic laboratory assays CD4 tests, Heamatology and Chemistry as well as other tests as required at all AHF Sites;
- Oversees laboratory services provision and ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources;
- Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols, and support other affiliated labs staff —lab Scientists, technicians, assistants and HIV Medics involved with the lab functions,Coordinates with all laboratory vendors) outside contractors), and all sites to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of results is efficient and effective;
- Coordinates the Performance of quality control checks and maintenance of Laboratory Equipments, and other laboratory tests performed within the labs;
- Coordinates the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices at all AHF healthcare centers; promoting quality of services based on timeliness in reporting results.
- Coordinates training, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff;
- Coordinates inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagentsundrAI1F
- Coordinates EQA, proficiency testing activities.Coordinates and ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at all AHF Healthcare Centers;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Competencies
- BMLS Medical Laboratory Science; AIMLSA minimum of five years post NYSC experience in a similar position.
- Additional qualification in Medical laboratory science or relevant postgraduate equivalent will be an added advantage.
- High lab leadership and coordination skillsExperience with CD4, hematology, chemistry, microbiological systems.Proficient experience in various HIV services laboratory support equipment handling.
- High analytical skills, quality control and basic knowledge of HIV laboratory monitoring.
- Computer proficiency an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2018.
13th March, 2018.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to email indicating the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer