Lily hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
At Lily hospitals, we recognize that our staff is vital to the achievement of our organizational vision, the sustainability of our mission and the profitability of our business. We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently supports operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist (Haematology & Blood Serology)
Location: Warri, Delta
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mid-Level
- The role is responsible for examining and diagnosing disorders and diseases of the blood, bone marrow, vascular and immune system
- The job holder also performs manual and automated routine blood tests to determine the extent of the illness, prepares specimens for microscope examination and operates laboratory equipments such as centrifuges, dry bath incubators, and blood bank refrigerators.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Perform a wide range of laboratory tests to produce and interpret results in order to assist clinicians in their diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Responsible for receiving, storing and preparing various kinds of specimen including blood sample for analysis.
- Analyse blood samples using computer-aided and manual techniques.
- Assist in prescribing specific types of treatment for individual patients.Cross match blood for use in transfusions.
- Produce quantitative data in the form of reports pertaining to tests done and provide key information to other clinicians about patient’s condition.
- Conduct investigation on the biochemistry of blood clotting.
- Provide assistance in interpreting certain analysis that involves a patient’s blood condition.Take part in creating a diagnosis and a plan for the treatment.
- Select appropriate techniques for different types of haematological analysis.Assist in ensuring that the necessary turnaround time for reporting results is achieved.
- Implement quality control procedures both internal and external to maintain accurate results.
- Data inputting and maintenance of the relevant database.Maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) (Haematology).
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Membership with a relevant professional body and must be licensed to practice under the Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria.Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Salary in line with industry standard
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2018.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s (MS Word Doc) only to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.