The West African Postgraduate College of Medical Laboratory Science (WAPCMLS) has added the Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science) Jos to its list of fellowship Programme training centres.
This was made known in a letter conveying approval to the Institution and duly signed by the Registrar/ Secretary General of WAPCMLS Dr. Godswill C. Okara FWAPCMLS, PMLSCI FAMS (UK).
- WAPCMLS Journal AMLS maiden issue is Out ( Read here)
- WAPCMLS gets the nod from ECOWAS Assembly of Health Ministers
- FSMLT Amendment Bill: YMLSF Position Paper
- Malaria and Typhoid are over-diagnosed and over-treated in Nigeria- Dr. Godswill Okara
According to the letter, the approval for the Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology to host the Fellowship Training of the College was reached by the College Regional Council at its meeting of 1st November 2022 following the report of the Accreditation Visitation Team of the College to the institution on 20th October 2022.
The institution is to host Fellowship Training of the WAPCMLS in the following seven Faculties:
- Faculty of Bacteriology
- Faculty of Blood Transfusion Science
- Faculty of Clinical Chemistry
- Faculty Haematology
- Faculty of Molecular Diagnostics & Translational Science
- Faculty of Parasitology & Entomology
- Faculty of Virology
In the meantime, the Institution has been directed to go ahead with necessary arrangements in readiness for the commencement of application by prospective trainees.