Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of The Assistant Technical Officer – Laboratory Services within SIDHAS and Alive & Thrive projects.
The Assistant Technical Officer – Laboratory Services will be responsible for providing technical assistance and supporting laboratory services to project supported health facilities in Dikwa health facility.
S/he will provide technical support on laboratory quality assurance issues at LGA and facility level. S/he will also prepare specimens, follow detailed manual tests, oversee automated analysis tests and report tests results to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
- BSc in Laboratory sciences or related field with 1‐3 years post national youth service experience in provision of laboratory support.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to care and treatment is required with some experience in an humanitarian area preferred.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a humanitarin crisis is highly desirable.
For detailed information, please visit our international employment webpage at www.fhi360.org. FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may go to FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careers to register online, and to submit CV/resume. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.